Wednesday 19 June 2013

A Rollercoaster

If only days weren't a succession of ups, downs and swooping roller-coasters. Two hours with BT (total broadband and phone package) and four departments (two Scottish, two Indian) really tried my patience this morning. If I'd been wearing my shoes I swear I'd have kicked a window in but as it is I only managed to throw a cat brush across the room.

The new sink in the kitchen leaks because the plumber didn't change the connections properly last week so that's another day's work and I've just had the estimate for the central heating/hotwater (£7000): it didn't include the bathroom, which has to be done at the same time.  The wooden floor in the bathroom was cut around the corner bath and that means that when the bath goes the floor will have a semi-circle of, who knows what, below.

Happy Bunny?  Nah!

Other bad stuff: the trailing fuschias in the boxes have all died on me after only two days.

Good stuff:  P fixed the main electrical cable into the house and housed it in a conduit so I won't see sparks flying whenever I open the front door; the strawberries and tomatoes are doing well; the geraniums are fine; wallpaper is up on one wall in my bedroom and I'm just waiting delivery of a very fine 70's wardrobe.

I suppose it's to be expected that making things better means making things worse for a time but, tonight, being so far away from my sons & having very little in the way of phone calls means I feel alone.  Something's wrong when the internet being taken away from me can be the catalyst for so much pain.  Being cut off from the online press, the House of Commons debate on the Private Member's EU Referendum, and the plumber's leak were the final straw today.

I'd like to believe that tomorrow will be better but it won't.  I've done all I can do but boxes still need shifting and they're too high and too heavy for me to reach. I really want to get my garden going and so far, so good.  If you're wondering where the camera is - so am I.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...